|CASO resumes in Budgam, no contact with militants so far|
|Early Times Report|
Srinagar, Jan 18: Security forces on Saturday resumed Cordon and Search Operation (CASO) which was launched on Friday, following a tip-off about the presence of militants in central Kashmir district of Budgam, official sources said this morning.
They said so far no contact was established with the militants. Sources said troops of Rashtriya Rifles (RR), Special Operation Group (SOG) of Jammu and Kashmir police and CRPF launched a joint search operation at Arampora, Chadoora, in Badgam district on Friday following the tip-off. "All exit points were sealed and house-to-house searches launched," they said, adding no one was arrested. Additional security forces were rushed from nearby camps to further tighten the cordon around the area to prevent any attempt by militants to escape, they said. They said security forces remained deployed during the night despite below freezing temperature. All roads leading to the area were closed with barbed wire. However, searches were stopped late in the night and resumed only with the first light on Saturday. The operation was going on when the reports last came in, they said, adding so far no contact was established with militants. Meanwhile, business and other activities in the Armpora and adjoining areas remained suspended for the second day today.