|Early Times Report|
KISHTWAR, May 25: In a fire incident, a three story building gutted completely in Kuchhal area of Tehsil Mughal Maidan in Kishtwar District last night.
As per the details available with Early Times, a residential house belonging to Imtiyaz Ahmed son of Ghulam Rasool Khan of Hurmula Kuchal Mughal Maidan, caught fire at around 10 pm on Sunday and reduced it to ashes within hours as fire tenders who are stationed around 50 kms at District Headquarter failed to reach the site in time as a result of which the anger was simmering among the people, who demanded establishment of Fire Service Stations at Sub Divisional level.
The eye witnesses told the Early Times that even though locals tried their best to douse the fire, but the intensity of the flames was so ravaging that they were unable to control it. The cause of the fire incident is said to be short circuit.
Following the incident, Deputy Commissioner Kishtwar Rajinder Singh Tara issued directions to SDM Chatroo for distribution of financial assistance under Red Cross head which include Rs 10000 cash, tent, kitchen set, solar light, bucket, 5 blankets, towel and a tarpaulin.
Meanwhile, the demand for establishment of fire service station at Sub Divisional level is pouring in from various quarters.
Former Minister and Vice President J&K Congress, Ghulam Mohammad Saroori while expressing shock and grief over the tragic fire incident said that there is an immediate need of opening of fire service stations at tehsil level across the district.