Early times Report
Jammu, Nov 22: Detection of one more tunnel on International Border (IB) has put question mark over functioning of the Border Security Force (BSF) in guarding the border. It is widely believed that terrorists killed at Ban Toll Plaza on Thursday had managed to sneak into this side through that tunnel. “It seems terrorists involved in the Nagrota encounter used this 30-40 metre long tunnel as it's a fresh one. We believe they had a guide who took them till highway,”, sources in the BSF said.
Reports said that a patrolling party of BSF found a small tunnel in the Regal area of Samba on the IB. “The tunnel is located close to the IB and is suspected to be used for infiltration,” sources said, adding that senior officers have rushed to the spot and investigation into the matter is going on”.
Shockingly on August 29, BSF had detected a tunnel near the IB in Samba district. Originating from Pakistan-the trans-border tunnel was detected from the field of a farmer of village Galar-situated on the IB in Samba district. The place of opening of the tunnel was around 170 meters from the IB towards the Indian side.
The Early Times in its November 20 edition had not ruled out the possibility of terrorists, killed in Nagrota encounter, using a tunnel from IB to infiltrate into this side. Detection of the tunnel has authenticated The Early Times report and
put a big question mark over the working of BSF in guarding the border.
Early Times’ report authenticated as top brass of security agencies did not rule out the possibility that terrorists, eliminated at Nagrota, have managed to sneak through this tunnel.
For the past few years Pakistan has been adopting the tunnel strategy to push terrorists into Jammu.
Since 2012 BSF has detected as many as eight such tunnels on the IB.
Today’s is the eighth such tunnel found on the border since July 2012, exposing Pakistan’s sinister game plan of trying to push ultras into J&K for staging terror attacks.
• On July 28, 2012 a trans-border tunnel from Shakkargarh area on Pakistan side had entered 540 meters inside the Indian Territory but had caved in due to rains in Chachwal village of Samba district.
• On August 23, 2014 Indian troops had detected another trans-border tunnel that ran 50 meters inside the Indian territory in Chakla area near Munawar Tawi in Akhnoor.
• On March 3, 2016, another trans-border tunnel originating from Pakistan was detected 30 metres inside the Indian Territory near Allah Mai De Kothe post of the BSF in RS Pura sector of Jammu district.
• On February 14, 2017, the BSF detected another tunnel IB in Ramgarh sector of Samba Samba district of Jammu province.
• On September 30, 2017, BSF had detected an unfinished tunnel ahead of the border fence along IB in Arnia belt of Jammu district during a search operation.
• On August 29, BSF had detected a tunnel in Galad village of Samba district.