x

Like our Facebook Page

   
Early Times Newspaper Jammu, Leading Newspaper Jammu
 
Breaking News :   Jammu battles nature’s wrath: Family of 7 among 11 killed in Reasi, Ramban | ‘Human GPS' Bagu Khan, behind over 100 infiltration bids, killed in Gurez encounter | Jmu-Sgr National Highway reopens after 4-days | DGP visits forward areas in Kathua, reviews border security, damage caused by floods | From fighting flames to fighting thirst: Fire tenders to be deployed to supply water in congested areas | SJVN conferred with SCOPE Eminence Award in HR Management | Holistic growth of Ladakh hinges on health, education & tourism: LG Kavinder | Missing lady reunited with family by Billawar police | Nourishing lives, restoring hope: Flood relief from Old Age Home continues | Partap World school Pathankot to host CBSE cluster XVIII Athletic meet 2025 | J&K and Ladakh HC Makes Relief Contributions Mandatory | SBSP state president Vivek Bali meets Dr Arvind Rajbhar in Lucknow | HC slams PSA misuse, quashes five detentions | Protest against not issuing Gazette Notification of the Eighth Pay Commission yet | Rana reviews restoration of water supply in flood-affected Jammu | AIIMS Jammu hosts three-day Master Trainers' Training | Omar Govt released Rs 200 Cr for restoration and relief: Sadhotra | EPFO Jammu organises shooting event for children | Satish Sharma expresses profound grief over Ramban, Reasi tragedies | ADGP Armed J&K inaugurates Creche facility at Headuarters | Civil-Military Fusion vital for Ladakh's Development & Security: LG Kavinder | BIS organizes industrial visit for NIT Srinagar | DAV conducts Startup Spark | LIC of India hands over dividend cheue to Government of India | MLA Bani Dr Rameshwar provides relief to 38 rain-affected families in Duggani | Dy CM reviews post-flood scenario in Sunderbani, Nowshera | Cloudburst Hits Gharian kalan, Chenani, Udhampur | Pan-India Rescue and Rehabilitation drive against Child Labour conducted in Kulgam | Jammu police busts cattle theft gang, stolen animals recovered ,3 arrested | District police Reasi arrests bovine lifter, rescues two cattle, seizes vehicle | National Sports Day celebrated with enthusiasm across Jammu division by MY Bharat | Igniting Entrepreneurial Dreams: MCM IIC hosts session on Innovation and Start-ups | Govt keen to make India sports goods manufacturing hub: Mandaviya | UPES engages industry for strategic dialogue at DrishtiKone 2025 | Neeraj will deliver when it matters most: Sumariwalla backs javelin ace | Govt to back sports equipment startups under Make in India: Raksha Khadse | What we want to really get is a good batting time in the middle: Amol Muzumdar | Deepika to miss Asia Cup due to hamstring injury | Back Issues  
 
news details
3-4 terrorists involved, search operation on: Police
Gulmarg Terror Attack
10/26/2024 10:35:44 PM
Early Times Report

SRINAGAR, Oct 26: Three to four militants are believed to have carried out the deadly attack on an Army convoy in the Gulmarg sector of Jammu and Kashmir that left four people, including two soldiers, dead, a senior police official said on Saturday. The search operation, which entered the second day, was halted at the last night on Friday and was resumed on Saturday morning, the official said.
“According to the evidence we got from there, 3-4 militants were involved in the attack,” Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Baramulla, Mohammad Zaid Malik told reporters in the north Kashmir district.
The police, Army and paramilitary forces are carrying out the search operation, which has been extended to Baba Reshi and forest areas in Gulmarg as well as the built-up area before it, the SSP said.
The SSP said security forces had been carrying out many input-based search operations on the militants in the Pattan-Kreeri area of the Baramulla district in the days ahead of the attack.
Two soldiers and two Army porters were killed in the attack on Thursday, while another porter and a soldier were injured. Terrorists opened fire on an Army vehicle, 6 km from the tourist hotspot Gulmarg in the Bota Pathri area, when it was headed for the Nagin post in the Affarwat range.
On Friday, security forces deployed drones and helicopters for a massive search operation in the area and along the Line of Control (LoC) in the Gulmarg sector.
Security forces were also using human and technical intelligence inputs to aid the search operation launched to trace and neutralise the terrorists behind the attack, officials said.
Senior officers of the police and Army are overseeing the operation.
The area is completely dominated by the Army and there were reports recently that a terrorist group had infiltrated during early summer and taken shelter in the higher reaches of the Affarwat range.
  Share This News with Your Friends on Social Network  
  Comment on this Story  
 
 
 
Early Times Android App
STOCK UPDATE
  
BSE Sensex
NSE Nifty
 
CRICKET UPDATE
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   
Home About Us Top Stories Local News National News Sports News Opinion Editorial ET Cetra Advertise with Us ET E-paper
 
 
J&K RELATED WEBSITES
J&K Govt. Official website
Jammu Kashmir Tourism
JKTDC
Mata Vaishnodevi Shrine Board
Shri Amarnath Ji Shrine Board
Shri Shiv Khori Shrine Board
UTILITY
Train Enquiry
IRCTC
Matavaishnodevi
BSNL
Jammu Kashmir Bank
State Bank of India
PUBLIC INTEREST
Passport Department
Income Tax Department
JK CAMPA
JK GAD
IT Education
Web Site Design Services
EDUCATION
Jammu University
Jammu University Results
JKBOSE
Kashmir University
IGNOU Jammu Center
SMVDU