news details |
|
|
Chopra family murders: Nago moves HC for CBI probe | | | Early Times Report Jammu, June 29: Amandeep murder accused Nagar Singh alias Nago, whom SIT probe has found an accused in the Chopra family murders, today moved high court, alleging that Jammu range DIGP Farooq Khan was "biased" towards him and had been "willfully making every possible effort to prosecute him in the case for no fault of his". In his petition, he sought a direction to the state through financial commissioner (Home) and director general of police to implement in letter and spirit SRO 309 whereby the state, vide notification No Home 107/ISA/dated September 25, 2006, had given its concurrence for further investigation into the Chopra family murder case by CBI, prohibiting Farooq from further probing into the matter. It was also submitted that Puneet Chopra, son of RB Chopra, who was murdered along with his wife, daughter and two others, had filed a petition in the high court on March 3, 2007, demanding a CBI probe. However, a single high court judge, while commenting on SRO 309, had declined to grant the relief. Against this order, an LPA was filed by Puneet which was later withdrawn on the ground that Farooq Khan had been appointed as SIT head and there was a hope that he would solve the case. Nago submitted that on February 25, 2011, home department issued a communication, requesting for CBI investigation into the case. This Communication was also challenged by Puneet. The high court had on March 18, 2011, stayed this communication and allowed Farooq to carry on with the investigation. He said during investigation, Farooq got recorded the statements of witnesses -- Surinder Singh alias Kala, Harinder Pal Singh, Raju Simblia and Dinesh Kumar -- under section 164-A of CrPC. He said Kala was the complainant and eyewitness in Narwal double murder case (state v/s Ajeet Singh and others) which was still pending trial in the court of 3rd additional sessions judge, Jammu. Nago alleged in the petition that all these witnesses had been forced to depose against him in the Chopra family murders after a span of almost six years from the date of occurrence of the crime. The DIGP was also incharge of SIT in Amandeep murder case still pending trial in the court of 2nd additional sessions judge, Jammu. Nago was in judicial custody in this case. He alleged that Farooq was biased in the case and had willfully been making every possible effort for his incarceration on one pretext or the other for no fault of his. A bare perusal of the statements would unmistakably evince that the story projected therein was concocted and unbelievable, he alleged. Nago has already made a representation to home secretary for shifting the investigation in the case to CBI through superintendent of Hiranagar jail in Kathua. He also prayed the court to direct respondents to get his narco analysis test conducted in the Chopra family murder case. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
STOCK UPDATE |
|
|
|
BSE
Sensex |
 |
NSE
Nifty |
|
|
|
CRICKET UPDATE |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|