news details |
|
|
Hope rekindles again for defunct SAC...... | Govt convenes meeting of selection panel on July 18 | | Early Times Report JAMMU, July 9: Hopes have again rekindled for the State Accountability Commission which is lying completely defunct for the last over three years now. The government is convening a crucial meeting on July 18 in which the members are finally expected to be selected for the Commission on which the government is incurring expenses only on maintaining the two offices in two capitals of the state besides paying huge amount on the staff employed for its functioning. Reliable sources said that following the directions from the High Court the NC led coalition government, in which the latter has been pulled up delay in making appointments, the high level committee is meeting on July 18 to discuss the probable names for covetted posts and give some shape to the list of strong contenders to enable Commission commence its working by next month. The panel led by Chief Minister has on board Deputy Chief Minister, leader of the opposition and Law minister as its members who have the discretion to discuss the names and also approve them with consensus. Sources said a list consisting names of judges eligible for the posts of three members -one Chairman and two members , already exists with the Law Department and it from among this list the panel is authorized to shortlist and finally approve the names who fulfil both eligibility criteria in accordance with the provisions of the Act in terms of requisite qualifications and experience as well as the merit in terms of the credibility and acumen to run this vital Commission. While the present coalition government from day one has been expressing commitment to make appointments which have been delayed for three years, nothing has happened on ground. Though firm on tackling corruption, the government so far has only exhibited lack of will in the matter and pushed it aside in the list of priorities it deals with, notwithstanding the fact it knows the Commission, if allowed to function fully with full qorum , in terms of deciding the case, can make a huge difference in checking corrupt practices prevelent in its departments. Early this year, the Chief Minister assured in the Assembly that his government was keen to make appointments in the Commission but over four months on, no step, worth the name, leave alone concrete one, was taken. However, with the pressure building from all quarters and the fresh directions from the HC two days back, the government may show some action in the matter. In the notices issued to the government, it has been directed to restore the Commission through appointment of chairman and tow members. The High Court has also directed the government to file a reply by or before July 25 on the current status of SAC. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
STOCK UPDATE |
|
|
|
BSE
Sensex |
 |
NSE
Nifty |
|
|
|
CRICKET UPDATE |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|