news details |
|
|
2-day strike begins from Friday | Govt warns employees | | EARLY TIMES REPORT Srinagar, Aug 4 (KNS): With two strikes of government employees starting from Friday, state government Thursday warned the employees to shun the path of confrontation. The employees are demanding payment of sixth pay commission arrears, enhancement of retirement age from 58 to 60, regular employment to daily wagers and enhancement of wages to Anganwardi workers. The Joint Consultative Committee has called for pen down strike on August 5 followed by protests at district headquarters on August 6. Talking to KNS Minister of PHE, Irrigation and Flood Control, Taj Mohi-ud-Din said, “Essential Services Maintenance Act (ESMA) is still in place so employees strike will be illegal. Also the High Court had last year declared the strike of employees’ illegal after a PIL was filed by some citizens.” Taj made its clear that Government wasn’t in a position to pay arrears. “Our full sympathies are with employees, but we don’t have money available with us to pay the arrears. We have requested the central government and as soon funds are available, we will meet the demands of employees,” he said. He warned the employees that government will take every step to safeguard the interests of common people. However, Employees Joint Action Committee (K) chairman and JCC leader Khurshid Aalam while warning the coalition government to desist from what they called anti-employees policies and path of confrontation, said, “The government has backtracked from the promises and agreements made with the employees from time-to-time.” The JCC has exempted essential services from the scheduled pen down strike.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
STOCK UPDATE |
|
|
|
BSE
Sensex |
 |
NSE
Nifty |
|
|
|
CRICKET UPDATE |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|