news details |
|
|
SHRC observations prove government complicity in cover ups: Mehbooba | ‘Govt projecting last year’s Kashmir victims as criminals, paid mercenaries’ | | EARLY TIMES REPORT SRINAGAR, Aug 8: Strongly condemning the latest fake encounter killing, this time in Surankote, Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) president Mehbooba Mufti today said given the proven government complicity in cover up operations there was hardly any hope of justice in such atrocities. “If any proof was needed to establish deliberate government attempts to protect the guilty it has come in the statement of the chief of the main human rights watchdog in the state” she said in a statement while referring to the disclosures made by the chairperson of State Human Rights Commission Justice Bashiruddin. Mehbooba said killing of deranged persons by security forces to make them pass for terrorists was not new as the first gift of present government was delivered in the shape of a deaf and dumb person shot outside the residence of the chief minister within days of his inauguration. While in earlier cases, Mehbooba said, any dead young man would be presented as a terrorist with foreign sounding name, this time the victim turned out to be a deranged person who did not even belong to the community whose tag was assigned to him. The government she said had already perfected the art of denying judicial relief to the victim of its repression, she said. She expressed anguish over the conduct of NC led government towards deliberate denial of justice to the families of those killed during the last year’s unrest. The government had already projected the victims as criminals, drug addicts and paid mercenaries earlier in their submissions to the court she recalled. Mehbooba said even now wherever the government takes action against its forces involved in atrocities it is not with the intension of punishing the guilty but only to suppress any protest against it. In Sopore too, the government took more than a week to arrest the accused only after the demonstrations had spread to Srinagar and other towns against the atrocity committed within the police station and threatened to snowball. Expressing solidarity with the family of victim in the fake Surankot encounter Mehbooba said it would be particularly shocking for them as the deceased had according to reports been mentally challenged. Instead of providing him care and medical assistance this government has presided over his gruesome death she regretted while conveying her condolences to the family.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
STOCK UPDATE |
|
|
|
BSE
Sensex |
 |
NSE
Nifty |
|
|
|
CRICKET UPDATE |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|