x

Like our Facebook Page

   
Early Times Newspaper Jammu, Leading Newspaper Jammu
 
Breaking News :   J&K Bank expands corporate salary portfolio with two new MoUs in Srinagar and Udhampur | NC dismisses Deputy Speaker row, says statehood, business rules bigger priorities | Non-bailable warrant issued against Pak-based LeT handler | Curiosity mounts over new J&K BJP in-charge after Tarun Chugh’s Gujarat appointment | J&K Police warn: Fake job portals being used to steal PAN, bank details | EOW chargesheets man for allegedly trying to bribe officer | High Court puts brakes on chargesheet in Kanachak Cross-FIR Row | CM Omar Abdullah meets MLAs to discuss developmental and public welfare issues | CM Omar reviews preparations for maiden International Film Festival of J&K | Rather reviews Pakherpora Urs arrangements, calls for advance preparedness | Khatana raises comprehensive J&K healthcare issues in Rajya Sabha | Sakeena Itoo tours Chatroo; lays foundation stone for remodelling of GHSS, inaugurates NTPHC Inderwal | NHAI extends digital FASTag local pass facility to 121 toll plazas | Search operations underway at several locations | PMGSY AE suspended after arrest | CB files chargesheet in visa fraud case | SC issues notice to Centre, States on plea to confiscate property of offenders | 5 CRPF personnel injured in accident on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway | Study on cancer-causing chemicals in cars to be completed by May 2027: ICMR to NGT | Young Voices, New Politics: Gen Z on Campus | Meta more cautious on CSAM after unequivocal govt message; action visible: IT Ministry sources | Tulsidas: The Eternal Voice of Ram Devotion, Values and Human Welfare | NCB to launch drive to identify overstaying foreigners indulging in drug crimes in India | Relevant Philosophy | ADDC Shopian chairs review meeting on JJM 2.0 compliance, | UFM Committee meeting on August 20: JKBOSE | HC denies bail to alleged Heroin kingpin | Doda police intensifies drive against illegal mineral transportation; two vehicles seized, Rs. 52,064 penalty imposed | BJP is attempting to disturb peaceful atmosphere of Jammu region: RL Gupta | Dr Syed Darakhshan Andrabi reviews arrangements at Naqshband Sahib Shrine ahead of Khwaja Digar | 12th BRICS Environment Ministers meeting | Raksha Mantri flags-off NCC's All India Girls High Altitude Long Trek 'Aparajita - Parang La 2026' | MIER College conducted Swachhata Pakhwara | Keshav Chopra conferred prestigious" Mahatma Gandhi National Service Award 2026" | Praise Modi or be labelled a Naxal; this is BJP's democracy: Tony | Doda police traced woman missing for 30 months; reunites her with family | Respect for national symbols is a duty beyond politics: Balbir | DC Anantnag reviews arrangements for Chhari Mubarak of SANJY-2026 | JKEDI Baramulla concludes RAMP programmes, trains 310 candidates in entrepreneurship | Doda police nabs absconding accused after nearly two years; wanted in 2024 case | DC chairs 26th District Road Safety Committee meeting | Back Issues  
 
news details
SC provides relief to JEE aspirants
1/10/2025 10:08:28 PM
NEW DELHI, Jan 10:
Agencies

The Supreme Court on Friday allowed petitioners, who dropped out from their courses between November 5 and November 18, 2024, to register for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)-Advanced.
A bench of Justices B R Gavai and Augustine George Masih passed the order while hearing the pleas against bringing down from three to two, the attempts given to JEE-Advanced aspirants.
The apex court noted the joint admission board (JAB), entrusted to conduct the JEE-Advanced exam, had issued a press release on November 5 last year which said students who appeared for the class 12 examination in academic years 2023, 2024 and 2025 would be eligible to appear for the JEE-Advanced.
The bench further said on November 18, 2024, another press release was issued restricting the eligibility only to two academic years — 2024 and 2025. “If the students, acting on the said representation (of November 5), have dropped from their course with an understanding that they would be entitled to appear for JEE examination, the withdrawal of the promise on November 18, 2024 cannot be permitted to act to their detriment,” the bench held.
Without observing on the merits of JAB’s decision, the top court said students who dropped out between November 5 and November 18, 2024 would be permitted to register for the test.
The top court was hearing two petitions, including one filed by 22 aspirants, challenging the reduction in the number of attempts available to aspirants for JEE-Advanced from three to two.
During the hearing, the counsel appearing for the petitioners said on account of the promise made in the November 5 2024 press release, they dropped out of colleges to pursue the test conducted for admission to the prestigious IITs.
Another plea, filed through advocate Sanjeet Kumar Trivedi, said the matter related to the process for admissions into the IITs and the JAB changed the eligibility criteria for students in an “arbitrary” manner.
“The JAB, vide its press release dated November 5, 2024, first fixed the permissible number of attempts for JEE-Advanced at three, only to change it abruptly vide another press release dated November 18, 2024, and thereby reducing the number of attempts to two,” the plea filed by an aspirant said.
  Share This News with Your Friends on Social Network  
  Comment on this Story  
 
 
 
Early Times Android App
STOCK UPDATE
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   
Home About Us Top Stories Local News National News Sports News Opinion Editorial ET Cetra Advertise with Us ET E-paper
 
 
J&K RELATED WEBSITES
J&K Govt. Official website
Jammu Kashmir Tourism
JKTDC
Mata Vaishnodevi Shrine Board
Shri Amarnath Ji Shrine Board
Shri Shiv Khori Shrine Board
UTILITY
Train Enquiry
IRCTC
Matavaishnodevi
BSNL
Jammu Kashmir Bank
State Bank of India
PUBLIC INTEREST
Passport Department
Income Tax Department
JK CAMPA
JK GAD
IT Education
Web Site Design Services
EDUCATION
Jammu University
Jammu University Results
JKBOSE
Kashmir University
IGNOU Jammu Center
SMVDU